Burning of brush and vegetation from the property
1. Property owner calls the Sheriff’s Department non-emergency number and indicates time, date and location of intended burn.
2. Property owner plans the burn in an open area, surrounded by minimal or no vegetation with minimal wind.
3. If possible, property owner should have a water supply available in case fire spreads.
4. As always, the property owner is responsible if the fire gets out of hand and must be prepared to notify the fire department.
5. No brush, wood, or vegetation is to be hauled on to property.
Chippewa County Sheriff Non-emergency 715-726-7701 #1